Too much snow!

The day after Christmas, we had a blizzard.     It dumped ~18inches of snow here.   Yuck!

A week later, we got more snow  - about 6 inches.

A week later, we got more - about 10 inches.

A week later, we got ice, and snow, and ice....about 3 inches worth.

A week after that - we got another 15 inches of snow.   That was last week.   Yuck!!! I'm so tired of snow.  

Yes - I live on Long Island.  I live in the northeast corridor of the United States.   We get cold winters, and there is always a chance of snow.   But - this is too much.   The last three years have brought us a lot of it, each year it gets worse.    I can look back to 4 or 5 years ago, where we had absolutely no snow, or just one good snowfall, and that was it.   

We've had freezing temperatures since early December.   I really don't remember it getting this cold, and staying this cold for this length of time.  

Then, there is driving in the snow.   I don't like to do it.  But - I've been forced to do it.   Forced to drive my son to school - because he requires an education (though secretly, I think he'd love to stay home and play World of Warcraft all day, every day).  My two older children need to go to work, and since they don't have cars, and they both work - it's up to me to get them there, and back.   

*I* have to work.  If I don't work, I don't make money.  We need money - or rather I need money so that I can by new scrap stuff, or so we can go to movies, or buy *fun* stuff.   Plus, money just makes things better.   Sadly - my job has me driving around, a lot.  My town does a great job of clearing primary roads, a so-so job of  clearing secondary roads, and a pitiful job at clearing tertiary (residential streets) roads.  

A girl can hope for no more snow....this just in - more snow expected for this coming Thursday.  
Hand me a shovel, please!

Comments

Popular Posts