September

So....the kids are *all* back in school, for the 07-08 year.

That means early mornings, and nights. Well, one thing is for sure, the early mornings happen, one way or another. The early nights - having everything done, and getting into bed at a 'reasonable' hour...that takes some getting used to.

Ahh...who am I kidding? It all of takes getting used to, after a summer of sleeping late, and staying up late. I'm so used to being up really, really late, that I'm having a hard time crawling into bed any earlier than 1am, so far. Not so good, considering I'm up at 6:00 each morning. Well, I'm supposed to be, anyway. I seem to push it, and get up around 6:30.

It'll all work out in the end. :) And, I don't mean the end of the year, haha!

Let's see, what else is new?

On Friday (9/7) - I wanted to go to the Scrapbook Expo, that was being held at Hofstra University. The classes didn't appeal to me, so my friends went to take whatever classes they wanted to, and did their shopping. I decided to con Steve, and Jennifer, into going for a ride with me. So, we went - the two of them walked around a little bit, and then mostly sat and waited for me to get done. Steve teased, and said that he'd have to tell the boys he was at "scrapbook heaven" that day. He said he'd also have to tell Joey, that he was at the place where the NY Jets practice.

I wasn't really impressed with what was there, though. As I walked around, I'd arrive at a booth, and think...have that, have this, not my style, my style 7 years ago.... There were just so many things that weren't awe inspiring.

There was one booth - for a monthly club. They were selling some of the premade kids from previous months. I thought those were cute, at $19.99 a kit (with all materials to make 6 - 12x12 layouts). I had three kits in my hand I wanted to buy. But, then another woman walked up to pay, and was told, that you "have" to join the club, in order to buy any of the kits that they had there for sale that day. I turned around, and put the kits back, and walked away. Uh - no one is going to tell me how to spend my money! I think, that if you're at an expo like that, you should let people buy your kits that you have there, and then see if they really like what you've got, and decide on their own if they want to join the montly club. Just my .o2. /shrug

I did buy more of the mosaic paper packs, and the mosaic idea book - I just love those layouts, and I bought 2 double layout laser cut overlays. That was all. I think they made out better in the deal - getting the $24 I paid for admission (for the three of us).

I guess that's all for now. I'm going to head out to work, I think. Soon, anyway. It's still a bit too early for me to do much of anything.

Comments

Mimi said…
I like Scrapbook Expos, but do agree with you about the kit. Grrrrrr

Popular Posts