Argyle Lake

These pictures were taken on Mother's Day, May 2007. Jennifer had to work that day, so I took the boys to Argyle Lake in Babylon Village.
The patterned paper (blue, and pussy willows) is from K & Co. Tom Coffey's line Blossomwood. The pussy willows are hand cut from a sheet of paper that is covered with them. I used a product called Flowersoft to make the little fuzzies stand out. Flowersoft is a great product, feels somewhat like grated up sponge - lol. The brown cardstock is from DCWV. For the blue paper, I used a handmade template that I made from another diecut patterned paper. I love my shapes!
I'm a real flower using girl, but, since this page highlights pictures of my boys, I didn't want use too many flowers. So...I bought a package of feathers at Michael's. I think they were some kind of hen feather - pretty ivory, and brown spotted feathers. There is a pewter jewlery finding on the left side, it's a branch, with two birds, and a little nest. I've had it for quite a while, but, finally used it on this layout. The little blue flowers are from Prima. I have to find the packaging to get which style they are...I don't remember. *sigh* I just added some brown rubons, and it was done. I didn't think a title cut with the Cricut, or even heavy thickers, or stickers would have worked well on this layout. It's light, and natural looking...the heavy letters would have been too much.
Thanks for looking!



Comments

Popular Posts