They made her cry

My daughter had to work tonight. Not so bad, right? Nothing terrible, cashier in the department store. Anyway, she's only had an hour or so of hands on training, they decide to stick her all alone at a register. No one showed her how to use the telephone/intercom system to call for help, and of course....something had to go wrong.

A customer wanted a gift card, and my daughter forgot all the steps to activate one, and she couldn't get it active. The customer asked her if she could call for help, and my daughter started to cry, told the woman that they didn't show her how to use the phone. The customer was so nice, told her not to worry, it wasn't her fault, and not to cry. Then, she went to get help.

WTF?

I could see, as soon as she got into the car, that something was wrong. Actually, I saw it in her walk, and the look on her face when she came out the door and saw me there waiting for her...I knew it..just knew that something bad had happened. I was ready to get out of the car and go in there and raise hell-o.

But....I can't do that. She's 17, and she's got to learn how to deal with these things. I'm not always going to be there to rescue her. It's her job, and mommy can't go in and fix it all. She has to learn to be assertive, and stick up for herself....and I can only hope she's learned how to do that. I mean, they didn't even give her a break until 7pm, and she was working 4-8.

When she got home, and told her brothers, they gave her hugs, and she let them....you know right there that she was upset....she doesn't allow her brothers to touch her, goodness no!!

They made her cry.....and they better watch out, because if it happens again, I'm not sure I'll be able to just sit back and let her deal with it on her own.

Momma kitty is on the guard. *claws*

Comments

Popular Posts