Night Blindness

I am afflicted with this condition.

I think it's gotten worse over the years, too. After 4:30pm (at this time of year), you won't find me driving the roads. No way - because I am a risk to myself, and others. When I am out shopping with the kids, we make sure to do all we need to do, and then be on the road to be at home by 4:30.

I feel badly when I'm rushing them along, but, my vision is so bad, even at dusk, that it frightens me terribly. The glare of the other car headlights blinds me, and my peripheral vision as it gets dark is also lacking.

Last night, for the first time ever, my daughter went out with friends, and I let her go with her friend behind the wheel of the car. I think she is safer with a friend driving in the dark, than she is with me.

I'm glad that I recognize this weakness I have, and that I don't 'drive anyway', as that is what I'm sure many others will do.

Just a reminder to be safe on the roadways this holiday season, and at all times of the year.

Comments

Popular Posts