This one is for you, Twisty. :)


I've known Twisty for years...gosh...5, 6...something like that. So long already, I don't even remember. I adore him. He's great. Anyway, a few nights ago, he told me that I never post pics of all my children, so, here is a picture of all three together. :)

This picture was taken on February 22nd, 2006. The day my mother died. Yes, it was a sad day, but, it was also a day of bittersweet relief. Mom was no longer suffering, no longer in pain, no longer worrying about anything. We went to the arboretum. Planting Fields Arboretum State Historic Park, in Oyster Bay, New York. The zipper on my son's coat had just popped and was hopelessly stuck *sigh*. But, their faces are priceless. They would have done anything this one day to make me smile...God bless them for that.

The arboretum was my mothers favorite place to go on Long Island. The day we were there, was also the day they were cutting down one of the oldest trees on the property. The tree was dying, but, later in the season, it was replaced by a new tree. My children love this place - it was a gift their grandmother gave them. The love of nature. So fortunate they are.

You can 'visit' the arboretum online @ http://www.plantingfields.org/

Comments

Mimi said…
May her Memory be Eternal.

Beautiful children!
Thank you, Mimi. :)

Popular Posts