Pomelo (Chinese grapefruit, pummelo, pommelo, etc.)


So, today at the grocery store, I found this fruit. It's actually the first time I've seen it sold at a regular grocery store in my area. Usually, I see it at the vegetable market, but, I digress. Today, I decided to buy one, and try it out.

Peeling it was an adventure, and the smell was nothing like any other citrus fruit I've had before. Finally I got to the inside. The flesh of this particular one, was a lovely shade of pink. The color usually ranges from pale yellow, to pink, to red. I freed a section, and was looking forward to the taste, hoping it would be better than the smell, and....yuck. I have to say, I was disappointed. The taste was awful. What a let down. I love grapefruit, and figured it may be similar to that, but, yucko.

I have about three quarters of it left, and will consider giving it another shot tomorrow, but, if I feel the same way as tonight, it's going in the trash. *blech*

Comments

Popular Posts