Things to do during vacation

On Tuesday, I went to work. I wasn't really required to do so until the 27th, but, decided I may as well get it out of the way. But - before going to work, I detoured to Michael's and bought another font for the Cricut! ;) Arrived at my account around noon, and didn't exit until 6:30pm. But, the work was done, and my Valentine product was set. I didn't work at all the rest of the week. I'll have a busy week once the kids are back at school!!

On Wednesday, we went out shopping so that the kids could spend some of the money they got for Christmas. We hit the mall, and the bookstore. I think we spent about 2 hours at the bookstore. They love it there, and so do I. Only, this time, I got a stack of magazines, and got a tea at Starbucks and sat while they walked around looking at everything. The Barnes and Noble in Bayshore, is one of the nicer stores in the area. I've gotta say, the Sagtikos/SS interchange at exit 53 from the LIE is the best. Going from north to south shore is so easy, and before you know it, you're on Bayshore Road.

We also went to the movies and saw Happy Feet. My aunt came out and went with us. The movie was *so* cute! We laughed a lot, and even felt the tug on the heartstrings a few times. Good movie!!

Thursday, we went into the city. A long day, and tiring. But, it was nice to be there. I love Manhattan. We walked around, saw the decorated windows at some of the big department stores, went to Rockefeller Center ( I have pictures, just gotta finish uploading those!), had lunch at The Hard Rock Cafe. It was just a really busy day, and coming home was really, really good.

The last two days, were spent doing nothing, really. Just a lot of relaxing. And, that, my dear, is a very, very good thing. :)

Comments

Popular Posts